Tuesday, November 5, 2013
Synology Announces The DS214+
Full PR after the break
Synology Releases Its Latest 2-Bay High Performance NAS for Small Business – The DS214+
Bellevue, Washington—Synology America Corp. announces the pending release of the all-new DS214+. Optimized for small businesses, this dual-bay NAS sets a new benchmark for price and performance.
Read/write speeds have nearly doubled over the DS213+. The DS214+ takes full advantage of its new dual-NIC design, by enabling link aggregation (LAG) for increased throughput and failover. With LAG enabled, the DS214+ can now achieve read performance of over 200MB/s and over 150MB/s for write.
Among its other attributes, the DS214+ now has a faster Dual-Core ARM processor, and a full gigabyte of RAM. The unit is especially responsive when it comes to multitasking using Synology’s award-winning DiskStation Manager (DSM 4.3) OS.
With DSM 4.3 the DS214+ supports features like:
• Cloud Station with selective sync – Keep files, file-types, and folders in sync across all of your devices
• Encrypted network backup over Rsync, HTTPS, and VPN connections – to keep data transfers private between networks
• File Station folder link sharing – easily share data without having to set up custom permissions
• LDAP Directory Server – Backup and restore LDAP databases
• iOS, Android, and Windows Phone support – for convenient remote access
“The DS214+ is every bit an improvement over the DS213+,” said Thadd Weil, public relations manager at Synology America Corp. “It offers nearly double the performance at an extremely attractive price.”
For more information, please see:
Availability: The Synology DiskStation DS214+ are now shipping globally, and will be available in the United States in early December.
Slated to land under $390