Full Press Release After the Break!
From Atlus and SNK!
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV Launches Aug. 23 --Pre-order/Day One Edition Details Below!
Plus, for the Week Following Launch, the Classic Kyo DLC Costume will be Free!
The legendary KING OF FIGHTERS returns for its latest numbered entry on August 23 this year with KOFXIV. When it arrives however, players will get more than they bargained for....
But we're not stopping there (maybe you're not understanding the tagline "Burn to Fight!") because Atlus U.S.A. is ALSO making the Classic Kyo DLC costume free for the week following launch as a download on PlayStation Network!
And in case you missed it the last time around, here are the top-line refinements for THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV:
- 3D Evolution: All 50 fighters, movesets and more are rendered in full 3D graphics that preserves the essence of KOF's visual style but updates it with a whole new dimension.
- The Best Refinement since KOF '98: Through extensive playtesting and balancing, the controls have been streamlined, and the Combo and Max Mode mechanics have been overhauled to create the most competitive fighter in SNK's history.
- The KOF Saga Continues: There's a robust single-player storyline where several years have passed since the previous KOF tournament. Now a worldwide business, the global KOF will decide who is the strongest as both individuals and companies with their own ambitions have come to compete. Players compete against CPU-controlled opponents to unlock the storyline.
- The Best Roster Yet: There are 50 fighters total, with 31 returning from previous entries into the KOF series, and 19 brand new characters. All 50 characters will be available at the game's launch.
- Revamped Online Experience: THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIV has devoted a lot of development time to improving the game's netcode for vastly improved online gameplay. KOF XIV uses the PS4's online architecture to have a whole host of online conveniences, from spectating to saving replay/battle data, and having a single online KOF XIV profile to connect with friends.
The game will be $59.99/CA$79.99 at launch.