Synology Announces DSM 4.3 Beta!
Besides already improving what was already great, Synology is adding Roku TV support within Media Station, Photo Station is upgraded to V6, new Android and IOS apps, New Windows Phone apps giving most features of the Android and IOS apps, TRIM support (!!!), and more!
Beta testers also have a chance to win a DS213j, which despite it's size, is an AWESOME home solution, which you can see what we thought of it here.
You can read the full Press Release after the break
Synology Unveils DiskStation Manager (DSM) 4.3 beta for Network Attached Storage
Bellevue, Washington—Synology America Corp. is excited to announce the public beta of the latest DiskStation Manager operating system, with DSM 4.3 beta. In this release, the DSM is building on its award-winning interface with a multitude of new and useful features for Synology network attached storage (NAS). Enthusiast users will find plenty in this beta to enhance their productivity.
“A number of popular applications have been revamped to take advantage of the DSM 4.3 beta,” said Jason Bonoan, Marketing Manager at Synology America Corp. “Application support has been strengthened, including new ways to manage and share media.”
With the new Cloud Station, the private cloud has gotten even better. Cloud Station, in DSM 4.3 beta, lets you choose which documents and/or file types you want to keep synched across devices. Additionally, Linux users now get a Cloud Station client as well.
Photo Station has been upgraded to version 6. Photo Station now allows photos to be viewed in a variety of dynamic ways, whether that be the mosaic-like wall format, or grouped via date; the photos in your library are front and center to the new Photo Station experience.
Synology’s Video Station has been updated too. In addition to support for Roku TV, videos now have more granular control; as well as definable permissions.
DSM 4.3 beta makes Synology among the first NAS manufacturers to offer TRIM support. TRIM allows for more efficient SSD maintenance; extending the useable life of solid-state drives, keeping performance at optimal levels.
Other notable features include:
- Offload Data Transfer (ODX) - Increases iSCSI storage performance when used with Windows 2012 Servers
- SSD caching from any tray in XS and XS+ models - Expand the pool of fast access data by using spare bays for SSD caching.
- Full Link Aggregation Support with Synology High Availability (SHA) - Enables significantly faster communication between SHA clusters.
- Now Cloud Station backup saves the portion of a file that has been changed, making for more efficient use of your storage
- Folder level link sharing. Generate a direct download link for individual files or whole folders.
- New mobile apps - New interfaces and features for iOS, and Android. Now Windows phone System users can get almost all of the same features and benefits as Android and iOS.
DSM 4.3 beta is Synology’s most versatile and dynamic version yet. See what else the beta has to offer and get started with it here:
Remember to test hard for a chance to win one of three DS213j’s.
Find out more at:
Find out more at:
Applied Models for DSM & Packages
- 13-series : DS213+, DS413, DS213, DS413j, DS213air, DS2413+, DS713+, RS10613xs+, RS3413xs+, DS1813+, DS1513+, DS213j
- 12-series : DS712+, DS212, DS212+, DS212j, RS212, RS812, DS1512+, DS1812+, DS3612xs, RS3412xs, RS3412RPxs, DS112j, DS112, DS412+, RS812+, RS812RP+, RS2212+, RS2212RP+, DS112+
- 11-series : RS3411xs, RS3411RPxs, RS2211+, RS2211RP+, RS411, DS3611xs, DS2411+, DS1511+, DS411+II, DS411+, DS411, DS411j, DS411slim, DS211+, DS211, DS211j, DS111
- 10-series : RS810+, RS810RP+, DS1010+, DS410, DS410j, DS710+, DS210+, DS210j, DS110+, DS110j
Applied Models for Packages Only
- 9-series : RS409+, RS409RP+, RS409, DS509+, DS409+, DS409, DS209+II, DS209+, DS209, DS109+, DS109, DS409slim
- 8-series : RS408, RS408-RP, DS508, DS408
About SynologyFounded in April of 2000, Synology Inc. is a leader in next-generation Network Attached Storage (NAS) servers for the home and small to medium sized business markets. Specializing in both hardware and software for network attached storage devices; Synology products are feature-rich, easy-to-use, energy-efficient, reliable and affordable. All Synology product investments are enhanced with product warranties, free software upgrades and 24/7 online support. Visit http://www.synology.com for more information Synology has a global presence with regional offices in the US (Bellevue, Washington), and the UK (London, England), Germany (Düsseldorf), and Taiwan (Taipei).