Alpine's 8" INE-Z928HD is Shipping!
Read the full PR after the jump!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Alpine’s INE-Z928HD with 8-inch Screen Sets New Standard for Aftermarket Audio/Video/Navigation Systems
Matching Perfect F.I.T. Kits Complement the INE-Z928HD in the Dash
Torrance, Calif. (August 2, 2012) – Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. is setting a new course in the aftermarket with the arrival of the INE-Z928HD Audio/Video/Navigation (AVN) system with 8-inch WVGA screen. Perfect Factory Integration Technology (F.I.T.) kits complement the INE-Z928HD’s 8-inch screen, for a seamless factory look in the dash.
“We know that new cars are coming with larger screens, which are popular not just for the size, but also because they offer great performance for features like navigation and rear-view cameras,” said Steve Crawford, vice president and general manager, aftermarket business unit, Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. “Our INE-Z928HD and Perfect F.I.T. dash kit program is an industry game changer, since it’s the first aftermarket 8-inch platform with integrated installation solutions. We are filling the need for a large-screen format for aftermarket consumers, which then creates sales opportunities for our 12 volt retail specialists.”
Key Entertainment and Information Features of the INE-Z928HD
The INE-Z928HD is loaded with entertainment and information features, including:
· Audio sources -- HD Radio™, through the built-in HD Radio tuner; Pandora® internet radio, with control from Android™, BlackBerry™ and iPhone® smartphones; SiriusXM satellite radio, using the SXV200 Vehicle Connect Tuner (separate tuner and XM subscription required); iPod® and iPhone music.
· Navigation -- Free lifetime traffic service; 3D view which depicts major landmarks, buildings, and terrain details in main metropolitan areas in 3D; and Smart Zoom, which zooms-in as the next driving maneuver is approached, automatically displaying a close-up view of the maneuver location.
· Bluetooth® Wireless Technology -- BT Plus advanced Bluetooth® wireless technology which includes secure simple pairing (SSP), icons for phone battery and cellular signal level; and a digital sound processor (DSP) for a better audio streaming experience.
· “My Favorites” Screen -- The “My Favorites” screen lets users add, delete, and re-arrange up to eight shortcut keys for their most-used audio, phone and navigation commands. The settings are kept as a profile linked to the user’s smartphone, so the user can access the shortcuts on the INE-Z928HD.
· iPersonalize Sound Settings -- The built-in iPersonalize feature allows the vehicle’s sound field settings to be easily adjusted and comes pre-loaded with data about speaker sizes, locations and upholstery type for the vehicles in the Perfect F.I.T. dash kit program. Alternatively, users can choose their vehicle type from the built-in database, and the INE-Z928HD will calculate and apply the optimal sound field settings to that vehicle.
· Camera Inputs – The INE-Z928HD has direct camera inputs to accommodate various Alpine rear and front view camera systems (sold separately).
Perfect F.I.T. Dash Kits
Perfect F.I.T. dash kits provide a factory-finish look for the installation of the INE-Z928HD.
Ten kits are initially available which fit a total of 20 specific vehicle models, and kits for additional vehicles will be available in 2013 (all kits are sold separately). Each kit matches the shape, color and texture of the vehicle’s dash and comes with the accessories needed for the plug-and-play installation of the INE-Z928HD. The universal trim bezel (KTX-UTB8) can be used with vehicles that do not have a compatible Perfect F.I.T. kit.
“The Perfect F.I.T. dash kit program is based on Alpine of Japan’s highly successful Perfect F.I.T. business model, but has been adjusted to meet North American business needs,” said Steve Brown, product marketing manager and Perfect F.I.T. program lead, Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. “We’ve implemented a Just-In-Time shipping model for the kits, to ensure that our specialist retailers receive them quickly in order to provide a quality installation experience for their customers.”
The INE-Z928HD is available now for $1,499.95 MAP at authorized Alpine retailers. Several Perfect F.I.T. kits are available now, with the rest due in September. Please contact an authorized Alpine retailer for more information.
KTX-GM8-O, SRI: $399.95
Chevrolet Avalanche, 2007-2012
Chevrolet Silverado (excludes fleet trucks & models with the factory radio in the upper dash), 2007-2012
Chevrolet Suburban, 2007-2012
Chevrolet Tahoe, 2007-2012
GMC Sierra (excludes fleet trucks & models with the factory radio in the upper dash), 2007-2012
GMC Yukon, 2007-2012
GMC Yukon XL, 2007-2012
KTX-FPU8, SRI: $299.95
Ford F-150 (without navigation), 2009-Up
KTX-ECP8, SRI: $299.95
Ford Escape, 2008-2012
Mazda Tribute, 2008-2011
Mercury Mariner, 2008-2011
KTX-FUS8, SRI: $299.95
Ford Fusion, 2010-2012
Mercury Milan, 2010-2011
KTX-MTG8, SRI: $599.95
Ford Mustang, 2010-2012
KTX-CMY8-S, SRI: $249.95
Toyota Camry (non-JBL models), 2012-Up
KTX-PRS8-S, SRI: $199.95
Toyota Prius (excludes C, V and navigation and JBL models), 2009-2012
KTX-RV48-S, SRI: $299.95
Toyota RAV4 (non-JBL models), 2009-2013
KTX-TCM8-S, SRI: $199.95
Toyota Tacoma (non-JBL models), 2012-Up
KTX-VW8, SRI: $249.95
Volkswagen Jetta, 2011-Up
Volkswagen Passat, 2012-Up
KTX-UTB8, SRI: $29.95
Universal Trim Bezel
PANDORA, the PANDORA logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc., used with permission. SIRIUS, XM and all related marks and logos are trademarks of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. and its subsidiaries. “HD Radio” and “Artist Experience” are trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corporation. iPod®, iPhone®, and Made for iPod® and iPhone® are trademarks of Apple, Inc. The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Alpine Electronics, Inc. is under license. Android is a trademark of Google Inc. BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion®, SureType® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. Used under license from Research In Motion Limited. Toyota, Camry, Prius, RAV4, Sienna and Tacoma are registered trademarks of Toyota Motor Corporation. Ford, Escape, F-150, Fusion, and Mustang are registered trademarks of Ford Motor Company. Volkswagen, Jetta and Passat are registered trademarks of Volkswagen AG. GM, Camaro and OnStar are registered trademarks of General Motors Corporation. Other trademarks and trade names are those of their respective owners.
About Alpine Electronics
Alpine Electronics is an automotive electronics manufacturer that provides consumers and leading auto makers with audio, video, navigation and driver assistance products. The company specializes in system integration solutions with innovative vehicle entertainment and information technologies. Alpine’s R&D and manufacturing facilities in Japan, China, Europe and North America ensure that all products address the real world requirements of drivers in each market. The company is committed to developing safe, comfortable and eco-friendly automotive electronics products.
For more information about Alpine’s aftermarket products, visit www.alpine-usa.com.
Reach us on: Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AlpineElectronics and Twitter: http://twitter.com/alpineusa