Final Fantasy XV Royal Edition Announced For Xbox One, PS4 and PC!
You can read the full press release after the break
From Square Enix:
THE FINAL FANTASY XV UNIVERSE EXPANDS WITH THE RELEASE OF THE ROYAL EDITION AND WINDOWS EDITION ON MARCH 6
LOS ANGELES (Jan. 15, 2018) – SQUARE ENIX® opens up new ways for fans to journey through the massive world of FINAL FANTASY XV with FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION for the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, and FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION, coming to STEAM®, Origin and Windows 10. The special editions feature the base game and over 20 game add-ons / DLC (downloadable content), as well as new features including an expanded map of Insomnia with new enemies and side quests and a first-person camera mode.
FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION and FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION will feature*:
- Expanded Map: Insomnia City Ruins – all-new side quests and enemies such as Cerberus and Omega will be available through the expanded map of the Crown City of Insomnia. Players will also take on the Rulers of Yore.
- A fully-controllable Royal Vessel boat, expanding the world of Eos and allowing players to explore the area between Cape Caem and Altissia. Players will also be able to fish aboard the vessel and discover new fishes and dishes.
- A new accessory that can activate the new action “Armiger Unleashed” - players will be able to unleash powerful attacks while the Armiger is summoned. After collecting all of the royal arms, players will be able to find an accessory in an unidentified part of the world, enabling access to Armiger Unleashed.
- A new first-person camera mode, allowing players to experience the game from Noctis’ perspective.
- More than a dozen pieces of downloadable content including weapons, Regalia car skins and item sets
- All season pass content including EPISODE GLADIOLUS, EPISODE PROMPTO, MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES** and EPISODE IGNIS
- Archive – players can review the “Cosmogony” stories scattered throughout the FINAL FANTASY XV world. Additional local myths and legends will also be placed in various new locations, allowing players to obtain more information about the world.
- Quest to obtain and Strengthen Regalia Type-D
- New Trophies
- The FINAL FANTASY XV base game
*FINAL FANTASY XV MULTIPLAYER EXPANSION: COMRADES requires a subscription to an Xbox Live Gold membership or a PlayStation®Plus subscription.
A benchmark tool and instructions to help players optimize their PCs for the game’s launch will be available beginning February 1. Please visit the official website for more information. FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION supports Native 4K and 8K resolutions with HDR10 and DOLBY ATMOS® along with ongoing mod support. Minimum, recommended and 4K PC specifications for players looking to enjoy the ultimate experience on PC are outlined below*.
|Minimum Specs||Recommended Specs||4K HDR Specs|
|OS||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 7 SP1/ Windows® 8.1 / Windows® 10 64-bit||Windows® 10 64-bit Fall Creators update|
|CPU||Intel® Core™ i5-2500（3.3GHz and above） |
AMD FX™-6100 （3.3GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-3770（3.4GHz and above） |
AMD FX™-8350（4.0 GHz and above）
|Intel® Core™ i7-7700 （3.6GHz and above） |
AMD Ryzen™ 5 1600X （3.6GHz and above）
|Graphics Card||NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 760 |
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050
AMD Radeon™ R9 280
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6 GB VRAM |
Radeon™ RX 480
|NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti|
|Hard Disc Free Space on SSD ||OVER 100GB||OVER 155GB|
|Sound Card||DirectSound® Sound Card, Windows Sonic or Dolby Atmos|
|Other||DVD-ROM／DVD-ROM Drive*, mouse, keyboard, gamepad**|
*A DVD-ROM Drive (one-sided 1 layer / 2 layer) is required
**Game is compatible with gamepad but not required
*Note that if the customer’s computer doesn’t meet the operating environment requirements, or even in the case that it does meet the environment requirements and recommended requirements, there will be cases where the operations may not function correctly due to the combinations or compatibility between each of the drivers, hardware and software.
FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION* will be available for STEAM, Origin and Windows 10 for $49.99. Starting February 1, fans who pre-order the PC version will receive store-specific pre-order and early purchase bonuses. By pre-ordering through the Windows Store, fans will receive the bonus “FFXV Powerup Pack.” This pack contains items designed to power up the player’s performance in combat. By pre-ordering through STEAM**, fans will receive the bonus “FFXV Fashion Collection.” This pack contains a selection of outfits for the prince and his pals. Those who pre-order on Origin will receive the bonus “FFXV Decal Selection.” This pack contains an array of cool and colorful decals for the Regalia. More details on the early purchase bonuses will be available at a later time. More details regarding the pre-order bonuses are available here: http://sqex.to/FF15PC.
*Note that the physical version disc is an installer only. Internet connection as well as STEAM account registration is required in order to play the game. Any internet access fee or connection fee must be covered by the customer.
**Note that the physical STEAM version will not come with the preorder bonus. The early purchase bonus will be included.
FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION will be available for the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system for $49.99, and will feature a new package design by legendary artist Yoshitaka Amano. The “FINAL FANTASY XV Royal Pack,” including new downloadable content in FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION, will also be available separately on March 6 for $19.99 via the Xbox Store and the PlayStation®Store. This purchasable pack allows existing players of FINAL FANTASY XV to enjoy the new features by applying the pack to the base game.
FINAL FANTASY XV ROYAL EDITION and FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION are rated T (Teen). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at www.esrb.org for more information about ratings.